Teacher of Computer Science
Required from January 2020, September 2020 start will also be considered
Closing date: Monday 21 October 2019 9am
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 23 October 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher of Computer Science to join one of the most successful schools in the city. Working as part of our Computing and Business Faculty you will have the opportunity to teach across the 11-18 age range.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A good honours degree with a teaching qualification
- Proven ability to teach outstanding lessons across the 11-18 age range, with first class classroom management skills
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- A clear commitment to improving your own performance through effective continuous professional development
Woodkirk Academy is a high performing, successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report noted a ‘passion and commitment to continuous improvement’ and that ‘leadership at all levels is focused on the progress of pupils.’
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices are well regarded. We take pride in looking after staff and supporting everyone in their roles in order to deliver excellent education to our students.
Woodkirk Academy is part of Leodis Academies Trust with four local primary Schools - East Ardsley Primary, Hill Top Primary, Westerton Primary and Blackgates Primary. The post holder will be based primarily at Woodkirk Academy but may be required, on occasion, to work across a number of sites.
Application packs can be downloaded here:
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.